Remembering...


It was a very chilly morning on September 11, 2001. Unseasonably, but it heated up rather quickly through out the day. Just like what I did every other morning, I missed the bus, so I had to have my mom drive me to school. When we entered the old BMW of hers, I smelled the same old smell of the weathering leather, kind of like bologna. We settled, I turned on my seat warmer, which only added to the bologna smell and proceeded to warm up the car. The radio was on, I'm not sure who turned it on that day, if it was me, my mother, or it had been left on from the previous use.

The radio host were in a daze, saying such ridiculous thing, a plane flew into one of the tallest building in New York City. I was 11 and had no idea what the World Trade Centers were, and I just kept on thinking about WWI or WWII just because the first words are the same. My mom was freaking out, I wasn't sure why, and I didn't know how to react. She proceeded to take me to school and we continued to listen to the radio hosts discuss what could have happened to let this happen.

Once I was at school I told my teacher, but she brushed it off, like I was telling a lie. She only realized it was true when the other "pod" teacher came running over telling her to turn on the news. She didn't keep the TV for long, but all of my classmates and me saw enough, we saw the 2nd plane, we saw the 3rd near the Pentagon, we saw our President, we saw enough.

Still 10 years later, I can remember very fine details of the events, it is chilling. We will never forget.

Comments

  1. Wow I just discovered your blog and already love it! You have great style and are really inspiring to me. Definitely a new fan and a follower <3
    Pop up by my page if you get a chance
    xoxo Tamara
    www.theglamandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a very sad time indeed. =[

    Tamara, thanks for the follow, hope you will pop-by often =]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your lovely words :]!

Popular Posts