Skin Regime - Favorite Foundations

Since January I have drastically changed both my skin care and makeup regime. This was how my skin looked, mine you with makeup, but still no bumps as of December 2011.

Then something crazy happened to my skin, I stared developing acne on my cheeks, forehead, neck, jawline - even my back! Turns out it was a bacterial infection, so as of now I have started antibiotics. As such, I have changed over to using a better moisturizer as the medications dry out my skin:
Yep, the infamous Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

Prior, I had been using the Olay Complete for Sensative Skin + Aloe Vera Gel with no problems. My only reservations with this one is that its in a jar, not entierly sanitary. 

Before starting the antibiotics I was convinced that switching from my BB cream to a mineral makeup would help. I don't know what I was thinking, as the BB Cream has worked with me for over 3 or 4 years! Anyways, I purchased  the Pur minerals Foundation - as I have dry skin I'm not entirely sure what I was thinking getting this. Perhaps I was just desperate. 


Maybe if I had more perfect skin at the time I would have enjoyed using this. It did give me a nice overall finish/look, but my skin continued to decline. This was used before I started medication for my acne. I might go back after my skin clears up!


Finally, getting to my current foundation - holey-moley - so, I purchased this, not to clear up my acne, but to cover it. I knew at the time I purchased this it was to be used to cover my problem, but it has in some ways helped to dry many of my problem spots. I really like this foundations, might do a separate review. I want to inform those who suffer from acne that this might be worth investing into if you need a full coverage foundation with lasting power. 

I will probably go back to my BB cream as well, once my skin clears up, but for now I will be using the Estee Lauder Double Wear. 

What is your current favorite foundation?

Comments

  1. heeey sweetheart <3 it's been such a long time since we last wrote together:) how are things?

    oh i have A LOT of skin issues too... i used to have acne, now i just have some redness and pimples here and there. i also tried the estee lauder double wear - in the beginning it was all fine but then it started to dry my skin, so i stopped.

    Love,
    Nee
    ROSECANDLE11

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where have you been? I haven't talked to you in so long! Do you have an instagram?

    Yes please do a review on foundation, I'm interested in it!(:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am your newest follower! please check out my blog and follow back if you enjoy my posts. how did your dr's realize that you had a bacterial infection that was causing your acne? I've never heard of this before!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your lovely words :]!

Popular Posts