Saturday, June 23, 2012

{Birchbox} The First Installment

I finally decided to jump on the 'ole band wagon for the monthly subscription boxes. I will admit that in addition to have been influenced by many beauty bloggers to purchase this, one of my favorite professors has a subscription and she has one of the best styles for any instructor outside of the fashion industry... This is my first look at what this months installment was. I had done some previous research for several months having many impressive months sprinkled with some lacking selections, I went ahead an gave it ago. I'm pretty pleased with this months. I will definitely be able to use everything that was packed in this months box. 



  



Birchbox had a sneak-peak video before I started my subscription where they featured the perfume, rose water mist, and cheek stain, as such I was not exactly surprised when I found these three in my box. I will say that I have fallen in love with the perfume (not a perfume) sample provided and I absolutely love cheek and lip tints/stains. 


What are your views on these monthly subscription services?


21 comments:

  1. oh that's so cool:) i've heard a lot of it and a lot of bloggers and vloggers seem to have it. here in europe the "glossybox" is really popular. there are so many boxes haha

    have a good start into the new week xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah! I think glossybox is coming to the US as well, but its going to be double the cost of birchbox. I might look into it after a few round here :D!

      Delete
  2. I recently decided to get a birchbox subscription. I have only had it for 2 months but I love it. I don't read the sneak peak because I want to be surprised :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and do you actually use the tint on your cheeks? I use it on my lips but I'm afraid to put it on my cheeks.

      Delete
    2. Yes! I tried it on my cheeks, a bit sticky but the color stayed on. It could possibly act different on foundation, as I used over a BB cream.

      Delete
  3. Some lovely products in there, much better than Australian subscription boxes in my opinion. I'd be interested to try all of the contents, especially that stain :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I'm still trying it out, not used to stains :]

      Delete
  4. Ooh you got some nice goodies!! It seems like birchbox is stepping up their game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Oh thanks! I hope they are, haha :]

      Delete
  5. those are really awesome! i think those monthly subscriptions are actually good for people who want to explore more brands in make up, fragrances, etc.

    http://hedonistdrive.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool!

    Peace & Delight,
    Bel Kazan
    http://belkazan.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i havent subscribed to any of the boxes ..YET anyway lol. i'm jsut scared i wont like any of the products. but i guess that's the point so you can try things you normally wouldn't. the contents you got in this box look great though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! I was so scared, but very glad I decided to go with this. I glad that this was a good box. I am really loving the perfume!

      Delete
  8. I lovve beauty box subs. Im subbed to all but one we have available in Canada. I'm on the wait list for the last one. I seriously am jealous (and probably lucky!) at how much you guys have available in the States!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely words :]!