Sunday, July 1, 2012

June Favorites!


Hello ladies!

I thought for today I would share with you my favorites for the month of June.

Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream
This is a thick moisturizing cream, unscented and oh so moisturizing. I put this on at night before I apply Retin-A. I was a bit apprehensive to purchase this at first, because the size was so large, no pump, and the price was a bit steep. I am proud to say I am happy I purchased and will after I use mine up! I have used this during the day as well and find that it is no greasy, I have dry to normal skin, and my makeup sit fine on top. Make sure your hands are clean before using!

Bliss High Intensity Hand Cream with macadamia oil + grapeseed extract
I find this to be the perfect hand cream. After using this tube for several months I have noticed the overall health of my nails drastically improved. I was able to grow longer and stronger nails and my hands aren't as dry as they once were. This has a light fragrance to it, that doesn't linger for to long , kind of citric. Also my dad approved of this, by using it... as well did my sister and grandma.

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation
I started using the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation (Shell) in late April and I have been in love. I think I will post a review later on this so I won't go into too much details. I will say that today affirmed my feelings with this foundation: it is 110 F here today, I was outside for 3 hours, still have all of my face makeup fully intact with no setting spray. I have dry skin and this is not drying on me!

Swisspers Cosmetic Sponges
I was watching my younger sister do her makeup one day and she was using this flat sponge, I don't know what brand she was using, but it made me remember that makeup sponges are excellent at applying foundation. Sure they are porous and take up a bit more of the product than you want, but the finish is amazing. This is how I apply my Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation. 

Benefit High Beam Highlighter
Since my foundation is a bit flat, its nice to add a bit of dimension to my face, this adds just the right amount of definition without overly shining me. No harsh glitters, no strange smells, no greasy feeling, just a nice finish. This is a bit pearlescent and a pink tone in comparison to the other highlight I am in love with. This is nice for a more natural type of style.

Pure Vitamin E stick
As my face has been recovering I have been using more products to prevent scaring and promote healing. This is an easy way to apply Vitamin E to those spots without the mess. I have applied this to several spots and noticed a tremendous difference in the appearance of those problem areas. This was only $1.00, so I was a bit hesitant to purchase, because I wanted to make sure that the ingredients were pure and wouldn't harm me. Usually Vitamin E oil or supplements are more pricey which is why I was surprised how well this worked for the price.

MAC Quick Flash Richmetal Highlighter
This is a great highlighter for the Summer! I rediscovered this product when I was cleaning my room a while ago... oh the things you find! Anyhow, I had purchased this in the Fall or winter a while back and never used it. Now I am hooked! This is a bit glittery, but fine for the bronze goddess/summer beach bunny type look. It appears slightly gold on the skin, which is a nice contrast from the Benefit High Beam Highlighter.

Revlon Lash Curler
My first ever eyelash curler was from Revlon, I still own it (from 10 years ago), and I recently had to give it up as it finally quit working properly. I purchased a newer version, main differences are the black finger grips and a more plush pad. I haven't had any problems, and I am thankful to have a curler. :]

Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes
These are oh so awesome. I am almost done with my first pack, I purchased these at the beginning of June and I have been loving these since. These are worth the hype. They are soft, strong, non-scented, and are great at removing face and eye makeup. Well worth the $5-6 they cost. You only get 25 wipes in a package, but you can find these on deals sometimes or coupons online or in the paper. Prior I was using the Pons Cold Cream, which was fine, but this is so much less messy.

Simple Moisturizing Facial Wash
My friend had told me she started using this, and I started noticing how clear her face was becoming. So I was convinced that I needed to get this. I am sure glad I did. This face wash reminds me a bit of the Clinique face wash, similar smell - different texture and color. This come out a bit tacky and white... lol... and creates a nice lather, while the Clinique is clear and runny (both lather well). This leaves your skin soft and not striped. I use this in the morning.


Oh and just for fun! I am lactose intolerant so I cannot ingest milk products, also with the medication I am taking for my skin I cannot consume them either. So you might be wondering... "Isn't that cream cheese in the picture? It looks like cream of some sort." And you would be correct.

This is dairy-free cream cheese. I am so excited!! I hadn't seen it in the store before, but now I can eat my bagels and have my sushi rolls (homemade)!

I hope you all have a wonderful week, my Nations Day is coming up soon. July 4th! Happy Independence Day to all you Americans, that is if I don't post before or then. Be safe and don't go crazy with the roman candles.

xoxox

17 comments:

  1. Estee Lauder is on my wishlist.

    http://glossylala.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've also tried the estee lauder foundation, but for me it's a bit too dry. and i love cleansing facial wipes, so refreshing:)
    hope you had a good weekend <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sound if this foundation-- I hope I get to read a full review on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice products, dear!

    *Enter my Romwe Giveaway here: http://madridforniagirl.blogspot.com.es/2012/07/romwe-giveaway-special-leggings.html*

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like some great products you picked out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great post! I love highbeam (and sunbeam too!). that snack looks amazing. avocado, cream cheese and triscuts? why did I never think of this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, add a bit of spice too, like chilies - yummy!

      Delete
  7. Might get the curler!
    Anyways if it wasn't for blogger I wouldn't have had the guts to wear floral pants either! I used to stick to basics and admire all the girls that wore stuff I'd liked but then I realized I'm only young once I should wear whatever I want lol

    Xo
    Lovelyobsessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard such good things about Double Wear, especially for long-lasting full coverage. It's a foundation I'd really like to try. High Beam looks so pretty, I have this Revlon liquid highlighter that apparently is a dupe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh awesome! When I run out, I will check the revlon one. I think you can get a 14-day trial/sample from Estee Lauder.

      Delete
  9. I currently use the cetaphil cleanser and ilove it! im going to try the moisturizer now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is amazing! I have over half of the container left and I have had it since January. It should last a year or more... :]

      Delete
  10. I use the Cetaphil cleanser and I know that a lot of people say that it doesn't do much for them, it works great for me. Maybe because it doesn't foam or lather much, people think it doesn't clean. Oh and I really wanna try the Estee Lauder Foundation! :)

    Besos.

    Normis

    normienriquez.blogspot.mx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely words :]!