{Review} Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation

Hello there!

I'm finally getting to review the Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup. I have finally finished the first bottle I purchased in April and just repurchased a new one (featured below). The first one I purchased was from the Estee Lauder counter and I was color matched to one of the lightest shades, Shell. The second one I purchased was from the Cosmetic Company Outlet, and I think this might be an older or European version of the foundation, based on slight packaging differences. 



Just a quick peak on the online store for a price reference and holy-bananas batman... almost half of the shade range is sold out! (Now they are on PRE-ORDER only)
From the CCO
From the department store here in America

Basically this has been my go to foundation, at this point I don't know if I need to look into a different foundation. I really love how buildable the coverage is, when you apply the initial layer virtually all discoloration, dark spots (I have several), and blemish are blended away. I go in with a bit more foundation on my more problematic areas, around my nose and on my cheeks, and it is fantastic how much coverage you can get from a small amount of product. I haven't really been using a concealer with this regularly, I only just purchased a corrector and have been experimenting. To apply I have been using a sponge, which I have found to work the best out of the various foundation brushes I own.

This foundation doesn't have a long lasting sticky feeling, which I have experienced with many other types and sets quickly and there is no need for powder, allowing for a more natural finish. This also means that there is less of a chance of this transferring over between your face and worldly objects (i.e. your phone, clothes, etc.). Also, this truly feels weightless on your skin. Of course it would be strange to say it feels like natural skin, because there is obviously something on your face!!! But it is pretty close to and your face can breath some!

I highly recommend that you get color matched to this foundation, the counter usually offers a 14-day sample of this foundation, which is great because of the price tag. I didn't bother with a sample, me being hard headed, but amazingly it worked out. I was color matched to Shell it's a cooler light shade and recently because of summer I have found it to be a bit pale, so I warm up my face with a bit of bronzer and blusher.

I would advise that your skin be very moisturized prior to using this, as it can highlight any dry patches of skin you have. When I first started using this, that was one of the major problems I noticed, but I was able to correct it. Make sure you stay hydrated and moisturize regularly. I have a dry skin type and I have been able to use this without any further problems.

I can attest to the claims that this will last 15-hours, in high activity and in humidity.  Staying at school for 10+ hours you want your face to look the same at 5 pm in your evening lecture class as the same it did 7:30am walking out the door... so slippy-slides. Also, I work in a restaurant, the kitchen is blazing hot during the summer and running between food and customers can make you "glow" (as my dad says women don't sweat, we glow. HAHA). This is very much so, I will be a big pool of hard labor and my face is still intact in the same way it was when I applied before work. Oh, and humidity? Not a problem. Here it's usually between 50-90% humidity.

I fell in love with this foundation, I know it's not for everyone, but I am truly happy with it!  

PRODUCT HiGHLIGHTS 
  • 15 hour staying power, staying flawless all day
  • Lightweight and comfortable
  • Non transferable, won't change color
  • Medium, buildable coverage
PRICE
 $36.00 (the price just increased $1) // CCO: 26.50
RATING
5/5

Thank you for your patience! 
(I just finished taking my MCAT exams, so I will finally have a bit of down time. WHOO~!)

Comments

  1. I love Estee Lauder!!

    Would you like to follow each other?

    Evi xoxo

    The Notebook of a Fashion Lover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first experience, I hope I will love them too!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations for your blog.I'll follow you.
    X.O.X.O
    Jenn

    http://sweetdreamsjp.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like such a lovely shade!
    Great blog I'm following :)

    Fairytalekiss.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm thats good that it doesn't have the sticky feeling to it, and must be popular when it's sold out and you can only pre order it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Oh awesome!! I'm glad to find another fellow foundation sister xD!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your lovely words :]!

Popular Posts