Friday, November 9, 2012

{Skincare} Winter Skincare Routine

Hello lovely,

The weather has started turning a lot colder here, meaning: no more shorts or skirts sans leggings. This also means your skin is becoming drier and needs to be taken care of more. 

I'd like to share some of the skincare items and regimen I am currently using. Some items might change or more might be incorporated, this is dependent on how the weather develops. Mostly the air has become drier and cooler, a trend that will only continue. Also, I like to keep my skincare simple to save me some time. 

Top row: Eucerin Daily Protection Moisturizing Face Lotion; Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream; Coconut Oil 
Middle row: StriVectin EV Get Even Brightening Serum; Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum, Clinique Even Better Skin Tone Corrector (discontinued :[ ), and Dior Capture Totale; Anthony Logistics Glyoclic Facial Cleanser and Simple Moisturizing Face Wash 
Bottom Row: Origins Drink UP Intensive Overnight Mask; Olay Professional ProX Facial Cleansing Brush*; Compilation Picture. 

Morning Routine:
  • Wash with the Simple Moisturizing Face Wash
  • Use a serum (I really prefer the StiVectin EV, but I ran out!)
  • Moisturize with Cetaphil cream
  • Protect with Sunblock (Eucerin)
Evening Routine
  • Wash face with Anthony Logistics Glyoclic Facial Cleanse and the Olay brush*
  • Residual eye makeup is taken off with coconut oil** and a warm damp cloth
  • Serum
  • Moisturizer
  • Some nights I skip the serum and moisturizer and use Origins Drink UP Intensive Overnight Mask.
I never valued the importance of moisturizing. Sure I would put moisturizer before I put on makeup, but never at night. Since doing so I have noticed an improvement in the quality of my skin, it appears more plump and hydrated. Additionally since introducing serum, my dark spots have faded dramatically. Even before I started incorporating serum in I noticed a difference in my skin quality. 
* I really like using my Pro X brush for my nightly routine. I had thought about a Clarisonic before, but I've been using this one for over a year I think it's done a great job. If you are interested in the difference between the Olay brush and the Clarisonic here are a few videos


**This is kitchen/cooking grade, however the package mentions coconut oil can be used on skin and hair. I prefer using oil to take off my eye makeup since it will loosen things up making the process less forceful. At organic shops/whole food retailers virgin oil is sold, more expensive, though I don't know if there are necessarily any benefits in buying those.

 XOXO,


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips. I need to start doing more of this to keep my skin good. During the winter my skin tends to dry out.

    Jessica @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Let me know how that goes! :]

      Delete
  2. I have that same jar of coconut oil! :) I have yet to try it out on my skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah I haven't tried out much else than my eye... to scared!

      Delete
  3. You got a very inspiring blog :))

    xoxo
    http://nnotforsale.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete






  4. That's interesting! Can you please share more about it? Thank you.



    Moisturizing Facial Cleanser

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely words :]!