Thursday, March 14, 2013

{Review} Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 foundation

As you know, I've been searching for a replacement foundation for my Estee Lauder Double Wear since the formula's change (and now the new color I've been match to is mysteriously out everywhere!!!). This change brought me to try many new and different foundations, from high end to drugstore. Here is one of my new drugstore finds:

COVERGIRL Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation


As fitting for me with most foundations, I've opted to try the lightest of the current batch. This color isn't truly the lightest any foundation could be, but I suppose it will work for the moment.

IMPRESSION:
This foundation doesn't have a great off putting/chemical smell that some drugstore makeup might have. The coverage is medium, which can be built up without looking overdone or cakey, which is decent for this product. It's finish turns silky and smooth after the initial application, which does mean that it sets a bit fast, which can be a good thing, but you have to blend it in quickly. This initially lead to some complications when I tried applying it, first with a regular foundation brush, then a sponge, followed by a stippling brush, which all left a streaky and patchy look. I finally figured out that you have to work quickly with the formula and that a dense type of brush is more suited for this, like the Real Techniques buffing foundation brush. Together they are magic.
Now, I do have some lingering reservations that don't make me want to continue using this. This is solely based on the coloring of the foundation. When you first apply this the color is relatively close to the color in the bottle. However, following with a translucent setting powder (like my favorite Make Up Forever HD) the color will continue to oxidize to a shade darker than my natural color. With that being said, make sure to blend down onto the neck for a better color match....
Lastly, I think if you are all but fair this might be a good foundation for you. Covergirl offers quite a selection of colors, for medium and dark. All around, this foundation is quite lovely. I will keep it on hand, though I don't think I have found my HG foundation quite yet.  

RATING:
4/5

Have you tried this foundation yet? What do you think?

XOXO,

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this foundation! Been trying it out recently and it gives me such a nice, flawless face :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely words :]!