{Favorites} March 2013

March as been such an amazing month! If you happen to follow me on Instagram then you will have seen something very exciting. This excitement is very fitting for this year too, as the pantone color of the year is emerald and my life this month has included many tones and shades of green.  On St. Patrick's Day, my boyfriend and I became engaged! It's been quite a happy time, just enjoying all the new changes that will be happening in our new life together and planing for that.


Another change I've been going through has been since November 2011. I colored my dyed blonde hair brunette and chopped off my hair to my chin to get rid of all of dead ends, since the blonde dye damaged a lot of hair. Ever since I have been growing out the color and my hair. I hate to admit this, but the first proper hair cut I've had since then happened this month. HAHA. That's so horrible... So as I continue to grow out my hair and take care of it, I have invested to some new products.

To start of with, I have begun to use the Redken body full shampoo and conditioner, these are lovely concentrated products. It really does take only a little bit to cleanse and condition one's hair. I always look forward to the days I wash my hair so I can use these. They cleanse and hydrate my hair nicely without doing to much stripping or leaving my hair flat. Hey, I'm from the south and we like big hair... Continuing with hair care, I have started to use aerosol spray dry shampoo again, after experiencing the TGI catwalk series spray from last months birchbox. After using that I realized how much more of a convenience having a spray dry shampoo is rather than having powdered, which I had been using. I started off by using the Batiste dry shampoo in the Original Formula, a nice clean scent, its the one in the green and yellow striped can. Though I have used it up and I am now currently using the paisley scent, which smells luxurious.

Skincare was all about hydration. I've been using my Origins Drink Up Intensive mask quite a bit more frequently than before. I love how my skin looks after using it, so I've started to use this many more times a week as a pick-me-up when my skin is looking a bit dull. Anyone know of a good exfoliating product for face or body or both? My choice of hand cream currently has been Neutrogena's hand cream. I like to stay away from scented skincare and makeup products so this fits that preference perfectly. I feels a lot like AVON's silk gloves lotion... I cannot remember the name, but it leaves a silky texture behind which coats your hand. Very nice.

Make up in March was kept very minimal, it was a busy month and I didn't have a whole lot of time to spend dolling my self up. A favorite mascara of mine is the Maybelline Mega Plush Volume, the thick brush is pack with loads of bristles which lengthen and volumize lashes. Keeping with the eyes, I have been in love with my Urban Decay Naked Basic's palette. This really is the perfect set of neutral colors for everyday looks, making my morning makeup routine a bit easier! As for lips, I kept coming back and using a beloved lipstick from M.A.C, blankety. I won't go into too much detail since I have a whole blog post dedicated to this.

Well, this mammoth of a post is now over. I did have a favorite jewelry piece of the month *cough*engagement ring*cough*, but I don't think I'll include it cause it's one of a kind and nobody can purchase it...

What were your favorites in March, did you try any of the products I mentioned?

XOXO,

Comments

  1. I absolutely love the origins overnight mask! it smells fantastic! xoxo

    www.roxysun.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love nude color eyeshadows! <3 <3 Urban Decay's Naked is my favorite!

    Blog - T.Size Small :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your lovely words :]!

Popular Posts