Monday, April 8, 2013

{Review} Pond's Wet Cleansing Towelettes


IMPRESSION:

I was not overly impressed with these cleansing towelettes. These actually came as a bonus on an extra large Q-Tip package, so I'd thought I'd give them a try. Just to start, I'm a bit confused about how these Wet Cleansing Towelettes are to retain moisture and moisturizing properties if they contain kaolin clay or kaolinite.

If you aren't too familiar with kaolin clay, it's a type of clay that is mined in the southern part of the United States, where I currently reside. So I'm not going to claim to be an expert, but when my state required us to learn our State's History, this was among some of the stranger facts I retained. Kaolin clay or kaolinite is a mineral formed in humid beds of rock. Typically it has a white color and a powder texture. For industrial uses, it is the primary component of ceramics, an organic "pesticide" and covers crops from excess UV exposure, used to quail and soothe upset stomachs (AKA, treatment for diarrhea), and finally used as clay masks to absorb excess oils.

Based on those two last statements you might see why it was a bit hard for me to digest these cloths being wet and moisturizing. I digress...

So right of the bat I noticed these cloths were drying to my skin. The kaolin mineral itself was added to "draw" out impurities from within the skin. (Do you know how hard it is for molecules to pass through layers of skin? Oil, yes, because you have dedicated glands for that secretion.) Anyways, these have a bit of a babypowdery smell, something I'm not the biggest fan of. They did a decent job of removing makeup, face and eye. However, I still needed to follow up with a cleansing oil.

As a person with dry skin I would not advise anyone with dry skin to purchase these. If you suffer from oily skin, I see no problem with these. I don't recall having any new breakouts or this causing any, but that was just my experience.

My friend just told me today that I should try the new Garnier face wipes, because they are super moist and way better than my beloved Simple ones... we shall see!

RATING:

3/5

Have you used these? Do you generally use facial wipes, how do you remove your makeup.

6 comments:

  1. thanks a lot for your visit dear:)
    oh really? you're half german? i didn't know that hihi. i knew you had a vietnamese fiance though:) i think vietnamese is not a very difficult language - grammar wise, but the accent is difficult.


    i love shy'm - she's a french pop singer. but there a lot more. make sure you listen to the songs with looking at the lyrics so you understand and learn so much more words:) on youtube i like julielovesmac07's channel. i mostly watch her to practice my french:)

    lots of love <33

    ps. i've never used these wipes. for removing my make-up i sometimes use wipes and sometimes make-up remover... i always switch:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :]! I shall check those two out. Thank so much!

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of them - but then, I don't live in the US...

    Have a fantastic week,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely words :]!