Friday, May 10, 2013

Things I regret buying #1



I have a soft spot for potions and concoctions, new products and the like. Some of these are good, some bad, some in between... these products featured here I have found not to my liking. So, where to start...

I picked up the Too Faced Beauty Balm a while ago and have managed to barely make a dent. When I first got it, I though the packaging was quite cute, the smell reminded me of grapefruits (yum) and the color was decent. After a few uses, the smell changed to a chemical/plastic smell, something that I think might be due to decomposition or air exposure. Not the best smell to keep under your nose all day. That being said, it's been quite a long time since I have used this and I don't think it's something I would use again. Also, I'm not even sure if this is available for purchase still.

Working backwards, I suppose, next up is the Maybelline Line Stiletto Liquid Eyeliner in Blackish Brown. The only reason I regret buying this product is because the color. It doesn't really suite me, that might seem strange because I have fair skin, but I don't like brown colors for eyeliner. I've tried many of them and I don't prefer them (yeah kind of unfair...). Just to mention, the formula is great and I might try and use this on the lower lash line . Keeping with eye products, the next item up concerns the brows. I tried the Maybelline Define-A-Brow in the lightest color and did not find the color and texture to be flattering. The color appear muddy and the texture is quite hard and wax like. I picked this up after hearing some friends and youtubers talk rave about it... well I didn't.

These next two products I kind of bought on a whim - not the greatest thing to do - I know, but I thought it was worth a shot. Well that shot was definitely a dud! The hand cream I pick up for something less than $2 at Target. The smell is nice, but the texture is watery and doesn't soak into the skin easily, it kind of feels sticky. Lastly, the final product I regret buying is the L'Oreal Magic BB Cream. This BB Cream isn't like the normal BB Creams I used to. The normal BB Creams I refer to would be the Korean BB Creams, which typically have a thicker consistency, tout beneficial skin properties, and decently add a bit of coverage. With all things considered I believe the L'Oreal cream is lacking in these respects. I had wanted it to work and even tried using this as a primer, which so many American BB Creams have been marketed as, and still no decent results.

I think next, I will do a post highlighting my favorite BB Cream that I have been using (the same one I've been using for at least the last 4 years, if not longer).

Thank you to all who have currently entered my giveaway, if you haven't yet check it out here:


XOXO,
Carolyn

15 comments:

  1. i didn't like L'Oreal BB cream neither, because of its color mainly. It's be great to read about your favorite BB cream

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, color and formula. Glad you agree!

      Delete
  2. Glad I read this as I was planning on the l'oreal BB cream!

    beautyandtheb1.co.uk

    B xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard good things about the Garnier BB Cream, maybe give that one a try!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks American BB Creams don't live up to their hype! I've heard nothing but good things about the BB creams in Asia, though I have never tried them...curious to see what BB Cream you are using.
    What a beautiful necklace you're giving away! I'm also doing a giveaway on my blog...you should enter it!! :)
    Congratulations on graduating this month. FINALLY, right? :) I graduate from grad school tomorrow, too! YAY to us! Haha.
    Anyway, you now have a new follower! Have a wonderful day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Not up to par at all. I'll check it out, thanks! Yesssss Finally :D.

      CONGRATS! Thats so amazing. :DDD!

      Delete
  4. I have so many beauty products I regret buying! This is such a great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha... yeah... thank you Steph!

      Delete
  5. Great post!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. heyy pretty, hope you're doing well:) yeeei pls do e post on your favorite bb cream! i'd definitely love to read that <3 too bad the l'oreal bb cream was unconvincing... those regret posts are really useful!
    lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall! I know you like the Dior one, I'd love to try that some day. :]

      Delete
  7. nice products *_* your blog is very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. funny you said this...i don't like brown eyeliners either. i used to buy them because i thought it would be a nice (lighter) alternative for summer, but i feel like i just look funny!

    [oomph.]
    Win a Pretty Blue Satchel!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely words :]!