Monday, June 10, 2013

{NOTD} Past // Weekend catch up & haul

I feel as though I've let my posting slip again. In my last post things were a bit hectic and still continue to be while I'm in this state of limbo in between job hunting and figuring out what's happening with continuing on in my education for another degree. Currently, I am out of town visiting with my fiance. Brace yourself, cell phone pictures incoming. 

Here's the view from my room, inviting right?


Nope, not with that cloud.


So I've been dealing with gloomy, hot, and humid weather on top of the chance of terrible storms. Most of the days here haven't been to bad. I've managed to take a tour of a naval ship (massive ship, small rooms, bad air circulation), walked around in the downtown area, as well as gone shopping at the local outlet mall. Which brings me to my small haul, a couple items new products and one I've begun using prior. Outlet prices = awesome savings.


Also, I wanted to share this gorgeous nail color I was wearing a little bit ago, but never got the chance to post it up! Yeah, continuing the green on into June. I don't know why I've grown so fond of green, generally I always gravitate toward blue shades and tones. Blue is my fav.

Essie Mojito Madness | I just love that name ;)

Well I suppose that is all for the moment. Time to get back to applications and all that fun business before a long drive home. 

How was your weekend? What did you do?

XOXO,
Carolyn

15 comments:

  1. Love the Bobbi Brown Concealer! Also love the nail polish color, I just saw it at Target as part of Essie's summer line! xx Rena

    Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it too, I just have to find a good setting powder because my eyeliner keeps melting >_>

      Delete
  2. ohh it's always great to have a pool:) was it warm enough to jump in? lol
    hope you had a good time with your fiance. i love to do short trips over the weekends:)

    let me know about the spot remover! i'd love to read a review on that:)

    have a great week dear <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, plenty warm! It's 90 degrees (F) here. BURNING!!
      I'm liking it so far, I'll be sure to review it after a month or two ;]

      Delete
  3. Yep, the pool seemed quite inviting at first but the weather has been crazy... Where's spring?
    And that nail polish is amzing, the color is beautiful! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, seriously! It feels like summer already.

      Delete
  4. the mojito madness color is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that nail polish really suits you, it's a great shade. My favorite color is blue too I have way more blue nail polishes than any other color but that green is REALLY nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was unsure, but I do love it.
      Haha that's how my closet is, everything is blue.

      Delete
  6. I'm excited to read Of Mice and Men - even my brother likes it! And that's saying a lot, because I don't think he enjoys reading :p Ahh, I would love to work in a library ... I wanted to when I was in high school! Or at a bookstore, but they only accepted people over 18 years old. My posting schedule always fails, hahaha :p Just blog whenever you feel like it! I love the nail polish color, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you in school? Your campus might have a student spot open, that's how I worked there. BEST JOB EVER, PERIOD.
      I would love to have a summer reading list, to help me stay on track and ground me a bit.
      <3

      Delete
  7. I love the view from your room Ms. Carolyn! Ooh.. Also, I love the shade of the nail polish and it has a cool name! "Mojito Madness". :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok..... so now I need to pick up that nail polish!! Thanks for the share!!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That shade of green isn't very common in nail polish (or from my viewing) but I love it! Think I need to try it myself!

    x

    www.vacantlake.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely words :]!