Empties #3



I have managed to use up quite a few products between the months of July & August. Some will be repurchased, while others I am just happy to get ride of, not many of those though!!

Starting from the left side of this mess I have two empty packages of the Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes. These have been my favorite makeup wipes of the ones I have tried. Generally I don't usually have to go in with a toner or makeup remover for my face makeup after using these, but I sometimes still have to follow up on some traces of eye makeup. These wipes have no scent and they leave my skin feeling refreshed and clean. In case you are wondering, I still wash my face at night after using these just to give my skin a good cleanse after. However, some nights when its been a long day/night I might just forgo a wash and stick with these.

Regardless of the type of day I've had, I find I've been reaching for my Boot Expert Sensitive Gentle Refreshing Toner more and more. As gross as this might sound to some people, I have actually stopped washing my face in the morning. (I'll let you recover... okay moving on.) With my dry skin I can't afford to strip my face of oils so frequently, but I recognize that I need to still clean it somehow. So instead of going though a full oil stripping session with face wash I have resorted to a toner to I help to balance my skin, but still provide a soap free/basic/detergent free method. Also per my face wipe use above, if I have a heavier makeup day or just feel the extra use to cleanse my skin I will use this toner after, not always, but definitely in the morning!

The next few items were received in some of my past birchboxes. I did not find anything particularly amazing about these products, but it suppose it was nice to be able to try them out and figure out there are other better alternatives. I enjoyed using my Sprout Lip Balm which was cocoa flavored, but it didn't top my EOS or blistex ones, also at being priced at $4.00 and not available expect for online didn't convert me over. The next item is the Number 4 Clarifying Shampoo. I was excited to try this when I first received it, but it turned out to be a lack luster product. This is a concentrate shampoo, so your hair must be thoroughly soaked to adequately distribute the product. After you master this it acts much in the same way as Neutrogena's Anti-Residue Shampoo Shampoo, just a more expensive alternative.


The last birchbox item of this lot is the Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle. This multifunction leave-in mist claims to provide moisturize, detangle, add shine, reduce frizz, amongst many other benefits. Did I see these? Well, my hair felt very brittle and dry after using. I don't have a major problem with frizz so I didn't see a noticeable difference. All in all, I did not see this as being a miracle or wonder product. I have been using the It's a 10 leave-in since finishing this and it is amazing! *Mini review* Since using the It's a 10 my hair has been really soft and feels uber moisturize. I don't see that many split ends any more and the scent isn't too overwhelming, unlike the Beauty Protector which reeks of coconut.


How long does it take you to use up a nail polish? It takes me ages, I know I have some really old ones... however, I find that I run through top coats extremely fast. So I just about finished two! I'm not sure of one of the brands, it was from a friend that worked at a nail salon. The other I am fully aware of the brand, it's OPI's top coat, which I have since repurchased.


These last two products are staples in my daily routine. I purchased a travel size version of my beloved Redken Guts 10 volume spray foam back in March and used it up on a recent overnight trip. I am surprised how long this travel size lasted me, as it is quite a lot smaller than the full. It you are unfamiliar then let me explain it's awesomeness. This is a weightless volumizing spray mousse, adding volume precisely where you want it without feeling like there is product in your hair. It's flexible, provides a lasting natural volume.

Lastly I tried, fell in love with, and used up the Nivea Touch of Smoothness Moisturizing Body Wash. I have dry skin and this leave my skin soft and smooth after a shower, not tight or stripped of oils. This does have a scent, which I generally don't like having, but I don't find the smell to be over whelming. So I can deal with that. Light scents are fine just not bold ones.

Alas, those are my empties for the months of July & August. Have you tried any of these products? What did you think of them if you have?

XOXO,
Carolyn

Comments

  1. i think i've never ever finished a nail polish... i have so many so that i sometimes forget to use all of them:S i haven't used any of these products but the redken volume spray sounds very interesting, i'd love to try that out. i guess we have that in our stores here... so i'll have a look at it next time:)

    have a great week ahead!
    lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's a favorite I'd recommend. :]

      Delete
  2. Love the blog =) Im following you now !
    Follow me at Rosuts.blogspot.com

    Thanks Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got into cleansing wipes lately, they're great for after the gym! and yaaa Nivea's body wash is amazing <3 :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love them for that reason too. I hadn't been to big into them before either!

      Delete
  4. New to your blog and love it! Hope you will check out mine :)

    xo,
    Sincerely Miss Ash

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never finished a nail polish, they seem to go old and gloopy before I can use it all up!

    http://thenetdoll.blogspot.co.uk/

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Me too, I surprised myself this time though. haha

      Delete
  6. Props for your having managed to actually finish a nail polish, I've never finished an O.P.I one.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you!! I'll take it as an accomplishment.

      Delete
  7. I went through a period when I only washed my face with cold water in the morning - though now I've switched to a cream cleanser. If I used something foaming like I would at night, I would think that would strip the skin too much and exacerbate any dryness. I find it difficult to use up a nail polish but I do go through my Sally Hansen Insta-Dri quite quickly! Haven't tried the OPI but I'm sure it's quite good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So did I while trying to figure out what to use! I definitely agree, foam cleansers for the evening. I'll have to try the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri!

      Delete
  8. Omg! Simple cleansing wipes are soooo great!
    staygorgeous17.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never been able to finish a nail polish! Essie nail polishes get goopy so quickly!
    staygorgeous17.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your lovely words :]!

Popular Posts