Monday, August 12, 2013

Recent Purchases


I hope you are all doing fantastically! As I described in a previous post, this past month has been incredibly busy, as will August, but that will be over soon enough. Right? (Silence ensues across the land. "Nooooo!")

You'd think I'd like L'Oreal or something. 

I picked up a few L'Oreal products I've been wanting to experiment with. I recall using the L'Oreal True Match Super Blendable Makeup in high school and I cannot recall why I stopped. It's amazing, you just have to find the tone that suite your skin tone as this range comes in Cool, Neutral, and Warm (Totally ambiguous, I know). I also nabbed up some of these fantastically pigmented L'Oreal Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain. I find that using a lip liner underneath lets the true color represented in the tube come to light, as they can take on a deeper and more red tone.

Sheet Masks!

When I was at the local Korean shopping mart I picked up a couple of face masks from The Face Shop. I have yet to try these, but I am beyond excited. The pearl mask is supposedly good for reducing the appearance of blemishes, while the hyaluronic acid containing mask is supposed to pump up and increase the appearance of moisture the skin. We shall see!

Obligatory Sephora birthday pick up.

This is such a great birthday gift from Sephora and Benefit. Both items are of incredible quality. I love how real my lashes look after using this mascara. The highlighter is up to par too, adding the perfect amount of light reflective particle without too much shine or glitter. More on these later. :)

A Beauty Blender?

I'm not sure what the particular hype is over the beautyblender. I used it with a few of my foundations so far and nothing really screams "I'm the best applicator ever created for a flawless airbrushed look." Maybe I'm not using it correctly. (Per directions I am, honestly!) Regardless, I'm still going to try and perfect the technique with this, who knows, but I'm glad I did NOT pay full price for this. I used my left over Birchbox points so I at least got some use out of them before they were expired as I was no longer going to acquire anymore after canceling my subscription!

Well that's all for now, good night all!

XOXO,
Carolyn

14 comments:

  1. Hey Sweety!:) thanks so much for leaving me a comment:) ohh.. sounds really busy at your end but i'm sure you're going to manage all the courses you're taking, just focus:)
    i'd love to try out the l'oreal make-up, but i find the bottle a bit unhandy... how do you get the rest of the make-up out? i mean if it's nearly empty, lol. i'd also love to try out the benefit mascara! you're a lucky girl with this gift hihi. and oh.. i never knew why those beauty blender are so hyped either... lol.

    have a great week ahead!
    lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nee! I need to keep that in mind.

      Yep, at first it was a bit awkward to use the bottle, but I find it quite easy now, just a bit of a handicap at first.
      <3

      Delete
  2. Hehe, I love your makeup goodies but I hardly wear things like that. Only eyeshadow mostly. But I do know about the Korean products, god I love the face masks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your makeup products.
    Your new course sounds so exciting, don't worry, you will fit it all in, you will find a way. Hope it all goes ok for you

    I’ve given my blog a bit of a redesign, please come and check it out if you have a chance and let me know what you think!.

    www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully! Thanks for stopping by :]

      Delete
  4. The beauty blender is amazing. Slightly more time consuming though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still working at it, hopefully I can uncover whats so amazing about it!
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. These are such terrific products, I haven't tried any of them (we don't get a few here) so it was interesting to hear about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'm glad it was entertaining, haha! :]

      Delete
  6. It's a pleasure to be able to visit your blog! Followed you via GFC and BlogLovin! Hope you could do the same, love ! ;)
    http://thesparklingspell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great makeup products! I want them!
    Haha:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely words :]!