The Mary Kay Look

I'm back! Well, sort of... I'm still miserably swamped in my course work.

The other week I was shipped a box containing some goodies from Mary Kay through the Influenster program for consideration and to try out.







Of the products I received in this box I only have two that I'm not the biggest fan of, the brush and the lipstick. The True Dimension Lipstick has an interesting concept for the packaging: the actual tube of lipstick pops/clicks down out of the outer tube (How convoluted does that sound? Sorry!). It's a cool trick, but I didn't too much that was revolutionary in the product itself. However, that said the pigment itself is lovely and it glides on nicely. As for the brush, I found it to be a bit on the flimsy, maybe a few more fibers would help in color application, especially as this is suited for the cream color eye shadows!

What I did like in this box were the two mascaras and the cream eye color. Let us first examine the cream color. The shade I received, Violet Storm, is a beautiful reflective purple tone. This cream shadow is very creamy and soft upon application and sets rather quickly with no creasing. I've been wearing it almost everyday and it I find it has incredible staying power, lasting all day. There are other colors available, brown, green, blue, pink, and tan. Any of these would provide a great base for any eye look.

For a complete eye I find mascara is essential. I was thrilled to find a lash primer in this box, as I've never tried one. The premise of an lash primer is to increase the longevity of the mascara, if you choose to wear one, and to nourish and protect the lashes. Having no experience with trying a lash primer prior to trying this one, I don't know how much merit my opinion will hold, but I have enjoyed using it! What I can discuss without any reservation is the lengthening mascara. I found this mascara to be a true lengthening formula that was long lasting, without flaking, not to mention it did not clump!

Hopefully you found this to be informative. I am ecstatic to be selected for the Mary Kay Glam program through Influenster. I have only ever tried one lipgloss from Mary Kay and that was over 8 years ago. I'm glad to be re-introduced.
 **Mary Kay® provided these 
complimentary products through 
Influenster for me to try**

XOXO,
Carolyn

Comments

  1. As many people I know working for Mary Kay I've never tried their products! Sounds all great though, and you got good ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great review! the lipstick colors are so gorgeous! <3

    Letters To Juliet

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your lovely words :]!

Popular Posts