Tuesday, January 7, 2014

{Favorite} Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap // Brush Cleanser

Since the beginning of last year I have been using Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps 18-in-1 Hemp Almond Pure-Castile Soap as my sole brush cleanser. Prior to using this I had been relying on a combination of shampoos + conditioners and homemade concoctions to take care of my makeup brushes.

I've found that the Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps is quite effective and gentle on my brushes.

Almond scents and foods are my favorite, I love my almond milk boba, raw almonds for snack, roasted on kale, almond scrubs... (you get the picture). This soap has a faint almond scent that leaves your brushes clean, moisturized, and with a lovely scent. Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap comes in various other scents, but this is by far my favorite.

To make this a bit easier to handle I pour out a bit into a smaller bottle, as you only need the smallest amount to get a good cleanse. The larger bottle this comes in can become a bit slipper and cumbersome upon many consecutive uses during a cleansing session. Furthermore, I like to take an unused/used-up container and a mesh plastic piece as a brush cleaning container for my harder to clean brushes.

Have you tried this cleanser?

XOXO,
Carolyn

8 comments:

  1. never tried it but i need to get a new one, thanks for the tip!

    xx fameliquorlove

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Love your blog!
    you have a new follower! :)

    RUBYREDIRIS.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the products that little goes a long way, so this one sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i should definitely clean my brushes more often ... ooops.
    but whenever i clean them i use my regular soap or a bit of baby shampoo.
    btw. i love almond too! everybody is craving about almond milk but i've never tried it:(((( i haven't seen it at our local grocery store...

    have a great weeekend sweety!

    ps. e-mail me at any time!! would love to hear from you <3
    rosecandle11@hotmail.ch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can make your own almond milk if you cannot find it! I know that Aldi in the states carries it. haha

      Delete

Thank you for all your lovely words :]!