Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pamper Party!

Who doesn't love a proper pamper session?

Recently I was invited to attend a pamper and tea party (two of my favorite things so obviously I was going...). The party was to showcase some of the most coveted and loved items by the brand Mary-Kay. If you remember, I was given some products by Mary-Kay last year to sample and review, so my experience with the company isn't new, though I during that sampling I only tried their makeup line not the skincare line.

The night started off by treating our hands to a scrub from the Satin Hands set. As we are currently experiencing cold and harsh windy weather, exfoliation is crucial to keep skin looking healthy. We then topped off with a hand cream to seal in moisture and protect the skin, this time using the Extra Emollient Night Cream. Did you know that the skin on your hands ages just as quickly if not quicker than the rest of your skin - so pay attention to that as well, and use sunscreen!  


Following our hand treatment we grabbed ourselves a warm cup of tea (I had a berry blend - yum!) and took seat  to prepare for the facial session. Having just come from school I was in need of removing my makeup before being able to fully experience the facial session. I removed most of my eye makeup with Mary Kay® Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover (though I kind of cheated, I left some on, cause I didn't want to feel completely naked in front of others....) then my face makeup with a cleaning towelette. I can say that both of these left my skin feeling ready to be cleansed without that sticky feeling or leaving any residue.

Yep, I see you cheater.

To clean my face I used the TimeWise Miracle Set for normal to dry skin, Mary Kay also offers a set for oily and combination skin types. I liked that the cleanser was a creamy one and didn't make my face feel so stripped and tight, which is common in cleansers that aren't cream based. Since this party was hosted in the evening so I only needed to cleanse with the 3-in-1 cleanser and apply the night serum. I found the night serum, to be the most interesting out of all the things I was able to try that night. A little information from the Mary Kay website about the Night Solution serum:
"Vitamin-rich Nutribeads® microcapsules burst as the serum is released to deliver highly effective antioxidants essential for the renewal process. Also contains age-fighting peptides to help reduce the appearance of expression lines and visibly firm and smooth skin."
Being a science/biochemistry geek, I found it pretty cool that Mary Kay has developed a technology such as this to keep the vitamins suspended in microcapsules to preserve them until they touch your skin. Though I think some vitamins might be light sensitive and they could consider a change from a clear bottle to a darker one to keep the efficiency high upon delivery. The concept is similar to some effects that other leading skincare brands have with certain face washes containing "bursting beads." However, my foray and experience with serums hasn't lead me to a serum or lotion with this technology.

After going to this party, I would be even more  likely to purchase Mary Kay products than I was a few years ago, particularly the night solution. I find that the products Mary Kay sells and offers are of quality. I think the hesitation that some people have with the brand is that it's not so accessible to them as products found in the drugstore or at the mall in stores like Ulta or Sephora, at least that's how my view used to be.

If you would like to try out these products or aren't sure if it's accessible to you, use the search on the Mary Kay website to locate an Independent Beauty Consultant. If you are in the greater Atlanta area and would like to try out these products you can start here.

 ** I have not been compensated or paid  in any form to promote the Mary Kay  company or it's products for the  purposes of this post. These are solely my own opinions. **

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely event, who doesn't love a good pamper session? And it seems a great way to get to know the brand and their products! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. great photos!
    happy day!

    http://www.getcarriedaway.net/

    ReplyDelete
  3. loks like the party was great!
    very nice blog by the way :)

    kisses from Russia,
    Juliet
    RUSSIAN DOLL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary Kay does have some great stuff I agree! and looks like a fun party you were in!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely words :]!