Thursday, June 19, 2014

Hold on to your Brooms!


Not the typical post that would be here, but it is totally worthy of it's own space.

It's here! I've been following the news on this park for several years now, and it is finally here. Yesterday during the live stream covering the media event happening in Universal Studios it was announced that the new expansion of Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Universal Studios Orlando would be opening on July 8th! Start getting your vacation panties ready, and I suppose your wallet too.

Here is the flash video that will pop up on the site when you go to Universal Studios: Animation
Also, a visit to this MuggleNet article will allow you to see some event photos and videos from the media preview currently happening.

What is to be offered in this new expansion? The list is quite extensive.
+ Weasley's Wizard Wheezes: A joke shop by the Weasley twins
+ The Leaky Cauldron: Typical British pub
+ Ollivander's Wand shop: Hogsmead has a smaller version, I heard this is to be larger
+ Scribbulus: WIZARD STATIONERY.
+ Madam Malkin's: Wizard's robes and character costumes
+ Quality Quidditch Supplies:  Sport shop
+ Magical Menagerie: Toy shop
+ Florean Fortescue's: Sweets and ice cream, including Butterbeer flavor!
>>> Gringotts Bank: "Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts" ride is housed within, more information about the ride can be found here. Also, I've heard talk to exchanging muggle money for wizard money, the purpose??
+ Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment: The gift shop after the Gringotts ride
+ Knockturn Alley including the dark magic shop Borgin and Burkes
What else can you expect to visit whilst in this new area?
"There will be two live shows held in the shopping area called Carkitt Market [...] The first show will bring to life two fables from "The Tales of Beedle the Bard," from the seventh film, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1." In the second show, guests will hear never-before-heard songs by The Singing Sorceress: Celestina Warbeck and the Banshees.
From what I've read about, this market and the shops and items found in here are all creations of J.K. Rowling, not just the creative heads at Universal Theme Parks. This is exciting because it means even more territory to explore in the new expansion and new items to be discovered.

You can also catch a ride on the Hogwarts Express from King's Cross Station if you have purchased the 2 park pass ticket. This train ride will take you from Diagon Alley in Universal Studios to Hogsmead in Islands of Adventure.

There is definitely enough to do in the two wizard themed parks alone that could take you the whole day to explore. I'll be planning my trip for mid July to early August. Will you have an opportunity to visit this new theme park soon? What are your thoughts on the new expansion?

XOXO,
Carolyn 

34 comments:

  1. Wow. Great detailed information. Thank you for posting this doll. Super excited to visit Florida.
    When are you planning to visit?
    :-)
    http://naturelbellefemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thinking early August as of right now!

      Delete
  2. omg this sounds AWESOME! there is something similar in the UK, check this:
    http://www.wbstudiotour.co.uk/de

    when i was in london i wanted to visit this studio tour SO bad! but unfortunately we didn't have enough time to do so... But i guess the Orlando/Universal studios version is a lot bigger.

    have a great weekend sweety!
    lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'M DYING, NEE! I'd love to go experience that. So amazing.
      If you get a chance to go to Florida, you must go to Orlando =]

      Delete
  3. haha its been ages since i have been to universal studio and i'm such a big harry potter fan... i think it's time to pay a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost fainted when I saw this! Harry Potter is still my life and I remember my Mom got up bright and early for the last book and I finished it all that day. Our dreams have come true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to check out the web cast they did at the media event last week... magic!
      I did the same thing too. Ahh waiting in a bookstore for the release of a book was never so cool =]

      Delete
  5. Such a nice post dear!xx
    Would you mind checking my blog out,and following if you like it?
    That would mean so much to me!
    Keep in touch ,love xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice!

    xx

    http://www.madridforniagirl.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post,love it!
    Following you now,hope you’ll do the same;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I heard about this!!! They say it's sooooo good, even the actors are giving it major props!

    xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

    Haute Khuuture Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks amazing!
    http://fashion-soup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. very nice post!
    kisses
    http://monpetitblognoir.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely outfit...

    follow to follow? let me know

    http://www.sibaritismosdeinma.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow I'd love to visit this one day! I love how there's even a hogwarts express!! so exciting xx

    Angela | The Sunday Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice post dear!

    XX
    www.floortjeloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so gutted Diagon Alley wasn't there when I went last year as it sounds absolutely amazing and I think I'd have definitely bought a lot more in the way of souvenirs!

    Megan // Lazy Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd love to visit this!!!! I love harry potter! haha
    great post dear, xx

    www.lespetitsdetails.es

    ReplyDelete
  16. of course we've watched the game! :)
    have a great day!

    <3
    http://www.getcarriedaway.net/

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks for your comment
    looking forward to your next post

    xo

    Inspirations Have I None

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woo hoo! Looks amazing! I would seriously love to visit. I had no idea they were adding on to the park so soon though!! Maybe I'll have to make a trip to Florida...xx

    The What's In Between

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aaaaah amazing, I love anything Harry Potter related!


    This sounds like so much fun and you look so adorable!! <3

    beautyandtheb1.blogspot.co.uk

    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great blog post! Love Harry Potter!

    www.HighStHighFashion.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely words :]!