Friday, July 18, 2014

Perfume Collection

Photo tips on taking reflective surfaces? I had three to battle with. =_=;; 
I don't have an extensive selection of perfumes. I can think of a number of reasons why I don't, namely I use them sparingly and don't bath myself with them. I tend to invest the few I think appropriate for my age and to suite a variety of occasions. Though, not to shoot myself in the foot, I'd like to invest in a new scent later this year or next, depending on how the current collection cleans up and how much room there will be on my vanity. I'll try my best to describe each, but I am not that versed in the world of perfumes!

 Be Delicious - DKNY
This is a very refreshing scent with a certain uniqueness of apple with blended flowers and wood. A favorite of mine during summer.
Notes:
American Apple, Cucumber, Grapefruit, Candid Magnolia, Tuberose, White Muguet, Rose, Violet, Sandalwood, Tender Skin Accord, Blonde Woods, White Amber.
Style:
Free-spirited. Refreshing. Unique.
Princess - Vera Wang
This was the first "real" perfume I've ever owned. I still have it after many years and I haven't even hit the half-way mark, yet (just shows you how often I wear scents). I think having vanilla in perfumes makes them a bit heavy and sickly sweet, but somehow it works for this one, for me at least.
Notes:
Water Lily, Lady Apple, Mandarin Meringue, Apricot Skin, Ripe Pink Guava, Tahitian Flower, Wild Tuberose, Dark Chocolate, Pink Frosting Accord, Precious Amber, Musk, Chiffon Vanilla
Style:
Sweet and dainty.
Light Blue - Dolce & Gabbana
This is a gorgeous scent, its feminine with refreshing scents and with a certain deepness to it. This is my most recent purchase having worn this on my wedding day. I received complements all day on smelling great (not sure if it's because I was the bride or cause I showered... I jest, I hygiene myself regularly ;p). It's a all time favorite now and reminds me of my wedding day each time I wear it.
Notes:
Sicilian Citron, Bluebell, Granny Smith Apple, Jasmine Sambac, Bamboo, White Rose, Cedarwood, Amber, Musk.
Style:
Deep and true.
What is your current favorite perfume? Have you tried any of the ones seen here? Do you wear them often or not for you? Haha... so many questions, write me a novel!!

XOXO,
Carolyn

P.S. Anyone know a good blog design, website, or affordable service I can used to build or pull code from to make one myself? I haven't coded since my neopets/xanga/gaia days over 10+ years ago!! HTML, CSS... wut?

Follow on Bloglovin

36 comments:

  1. I know the DKNY one!!! It's so great! Sorry, I don't know an english site..
    Johanna
    http://efilelahni.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite scent is Versace Bright Crystal, I've been wearing it for years and continue to love it. I don't buy the spray anymore, it just seems to spray it everywhere. I'm now addicted to roller balls, they put it right where where I want it.

    Thanks for visiting my blog, I'm now reading via GFC
    Silvia
    Spanish Muse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roller balls are amazing! Thanks for following =]

      Delete
  3. I have heard such great things about the dolce and gabbana perfume, I think I should give it a try! I personally like Miss Dior. Have you tried it? I also enjoy the way you described the scents! If you had a moment could you check out my new post! I would love your input.
    http://simplyeasierliving.blogspot.com/
    I also just followed you on Bloglovin' if you could do the same!
    Thanks
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a sample, it was lovely! I'll have to reconsider that when I'm in the market for a new perfume.

      Delete
  4. I've tried Vera Wang from your stash. :) My favourite is Chanel Coco Mademoiselle.

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a sample of that, it is so wonderful!

      Delete
  5. I am like you in that I do not own a zillion scents but those I have I love. I am currently loving Le Labo's Bergamot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bergamot, such a lovely scent in itself!

      Delete
  6. I really need to up my perfume game - I've always just relied on my handmade hair products to make my general area smell good. :D
    x Justina // www.abentpieceofwire.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's better though! Must smell lovely =] You have gorgeous hair!

      Delete
  7. Nice ones!!

    xx

    http://www.madridforniagirl.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. My fav this summer it's Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basil. I hope i will buy it soon. Of corse i am in love with J'adore and other feminine, light and fresh perfumes. :)

    www.mayasecret.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guerlain, I'll have to try that one out, thanks for the recommendation. Ah yes, J'adore is amazing, I have a small bottle of that myself!

      Delete
  9. The DKNY does smell really good. I really love sweet or "fruity" perfumes. My favorite is Escada "Cherry in the Air".
    http://flairbybrandi.blogspot.com
    xo,
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cherries! That must smell amazing. =]

      Delete
  10. You describe the scents so well, much better than me haha! The Vera Wang one sounds nice, she always makes gorgeous perfumes. x

    Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Light Blue is one of my favourites ever. So gorgeous. I am out of it at the moment, I need to restock.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice collection:)))I would love to see you on my blog.
    Keep in touch xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also have the Princess perfume, and haven't used that much of it! Although I do like it alot. My favorite perfume is Dior J'adore and this summer I have been loving Juicy Couture's Malibu, its beachy and fresh! xo -Taj

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've always loved the smell of Be Delicious! My current favourites are all from Juicy Couture!

    CassandraMyee | NZ Beauty Blog - International Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Juicy makes lovely perfumes, as well!

      Delete
  15. I also love Dolce Light blue. Plus I am a big admirer of Victoria's Secret bombshell ETD :-)
    http://naturelbellefemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, I have yet to smell that one, I'll have to go into VS next time I'm at the mall. Thanks!!

      Delete
  16. Very Wang Princess is my everything! I love this scent for warmer weather personally, like around spring! It's always nicer to go with a body mist in the summer.

    I hope you'll check out my blog as well! http://www.waitingfortheinternet.blogspot.com

    xoxo Brittany!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i also have the DKNY be delicious perfume , it smells amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have the vera wang one too! I do love that one, to the point where I've almost finished it. Highly recommend Daisy by Marc Jacobs and Ralph Lauren 2 The big pony collection, they're my top 2 at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Vera Wang Princess is such a lovely scent, although it's too sweet for me. I have tried the DKNY one which is great, but haven't tried the DG one. It's ok to not have many perfumes if you're not going to use them, I'm like that too.

    Ayesha xxx
    Http://alycheeaday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  20. i wanted to like light blue and for a while i did but it jsut wasn't i dont konw..exactly right? its in the same class of perfumes i tend to like and has the citrus notes i typically go for but i think i can pass on it.

    x Jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely words :]!