{Essentials} Summer Tan


I remember a time in my young life when I bared orange patchy streaks on my legs and arms, my bed sheets stained with orange and wore that faint smell of DHT. Ahh.... 

Well at least those days are over (right?)! I went several years sans tan and still longed to go a teeny bit darker. Exposure to sun only burns me so I constantly lather on SPF 30+. I've had a few sunburns in my life and I'd never like to encounter another (I got a nasty one on my stomach and back a few years ago and I hope to never have that again). Since then I've hunted and tried on different self tanners to develop a solid routine.

To prep for my tan I will exfoliate with a sugar scrub like the one from Tree Hut (Honey Almond is my favorite) and I find that this is more delicate on the skin than a salt scrub. I do also like the mineral body exfoliator from AHAVA, but it is more pricey. Following that I use Nivea's Extended Moisture Body lotion. This lotion is fantastic as it sets in quickly without stickiness and leaves my skin soft and nourished feeling until my next shower.

After moisturizing I follow the instructions per the St. Tropez bottle. I find that apply this in the evening after showering is best so I'll just rinse off in the morning. I haven't had a problem with color transfer to my sheets, but my sheets are a dark grey color so nothing would be too apparent. Additionally, to extend the tan that St. Tropez lends me I'll supplement with the Jergens Natural Glow daily moisturizer. I find that this combination works well and appears quite natural.

This routine worked well for me last summer and continues to this summer. I would like to continue this routine during the school year, lets see how far I can get, but it can be a bit time consuming adding up all the prep time and waiting time for the mouse to dry to the time it takes for the Jergens lotion to set. I guess if you are concerned with having a tan then the time wouldn't bother you. For me, meh. idk, its good for these few more weeks of summer I have. HAHA. I have read and seen loads rave about Xen Tan and I'd like to give that a try in the future, time permitting obviously.

Do you use any products for tanning? What are your thoughts on this silly business?

XOXO,
Carolyn

P.S. This post would have been up sooner if I had planned better prior to embarking on Part 1 of my honeymoon! Part 2 will be following shortly at Universial Studios Orlando with HARRY FREAKING POTTER.Thanks for all your comments on my update post too! I means loads to see so many people excited for HP, like me.

Comments

  1. I burn too easily as well. I have yet to find a self tanner that works for me but I'm always willing to try

    www.highheelsandtutus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd try this one, it's easy to use!

      Delete
  2. lovely blog :)
    http://saltskinned.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great summer essentials!
    http://fashion-soup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post,dear!Really like it:)
    Keep in touch xx
    Antonella!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely blog :)
    http://saltskinned.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is so many self tanners to try, so safe compared to the bed and the outside sun. It's just about finding one that suits you I've noticed, and exfoliating is a very important step that shouldn't be missed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not into self tanner, I luckily have more of an olive tone and I'm fine with it year round, but I know these items are super popular with my girlfriends.


    Silvia
    Spanish Muse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's like my sister. She has more olive tone and tans so quickly!

      Delete
  8. hi sweety! so nice to hear from you :)
    i hope you're doing well!

    heard so many good things about st.tropez, good it works for you:)
    i once used a self tanner by garnier and never again!! i looked like an orange afterwards, lol :P
    i would say i got quite a nice tan after my vacay at the beach hihi:)

    lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am, it's always a pleasure to hear from you! I would hope you did, Malta looked so awesome. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  9. Nice post. I never use this type of products even though I am very light skined and the sun doesn't get to me.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't acceptanced my lightness yet. HAHA

      Delete
  10. I have a whole stash of ST Tropez in my closet, but funnily enough I haven't even tried it! I bought it with the intention of wearing them every couple of days, but eventually I just completely forgot all about it.. I guess i got used to my natural paleness haha!

    Lots of Love,
    Ana
    x

    anasofiachic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I still haven't gotten used to mine after all these years. what the heck man! lol

      Delete
  11. those look very nice, I was thinking about getting that tanner for quite a while. but well, I know chose for the sunbed instead :D

    www.thefashionfraction.com
    www.thefashionfraction.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good alternative to the UV for sure!

      Delete
  12. I constantly lather on spf these days too, the summer sun is strong! The Jergens natural glow sounds great, thanks for sharing that product, I've been interested in it for some time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it, it's affordable, low odor and it works.

      Delete
  13. Nice!!

    xx

    http://www.madridforniagirl.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good to know! I'm always in need of a tan, but with my fair skin, I'd have to stay out in the sun way too long to get a healthy glow. I'll definitely check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post dear!! xx

    www.lespetitsdetails.es

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your lovely words :]!

Popular Posts