Thursday, July 31, 2014

Julep July Box


This is my final Julep box. I'm not thoroughly impressed with the quality of the service, that being the box itself and the customer service representatives.

Viki | Kelsey
Both of the colors are gorgeous to look at, but I find the formulas aren't. After a whole day of wear they each started to chip. The drying times of each were ridiculously long. I don't know if Julep reformulated since my last experience with them or if the more brightly colored formulas aren't the same, but to achieve the desired color level 2 - 3 coats were required. Effectively increasing the drying time. On a positive note, I do love the brushes and actual polish bottles, at least they got somethings right!

The body milk I received is lacking too. It doesn't seem to sink into my skin that quickly and leaves the applied area feeling sticky.

I'm ultimately disappoint in the quality and will be sticking to my beloved Essie's.

Have you any experience with Julep?

Box: Classic with a Twist $19.99
Bare Body Milk ($24.00)
Viki ($14.00)
Kelsey ($14.00)

XOXO,
Carolyn
Follow me on:
Twitter | Bloglovin

25 comments:

  1. That nail varnish colour is lovely, i want a nice summer pink one! Great post! x


    CLAIRELOUISEAMELIA

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a shame! The colours are gorgeous though. It's the absolute worst when a body milk leaves your skin feeling sticky - eek! Xx

    The Sunday Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  3. great nails, love the colors!
    happy weekend!

    <3
    http://www.getcarriedaway.net/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like both color ♥

    I would like to invite you to my giveaway on my blog YOKO NGUYEN BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shades look pretty on your hand darling.. Love it to bits ! :D

    www.smallnhot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Following you on GFC and Bloglovin too. xoxo

      Delete
  6. I got the same July box and had very similar issues, so I cancelled my Julep account as well. It's too bad, because I really liked the first few products I received from them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got the same July box as you and had very similar issues, so I cancelled my Julep account as well. It's too bad, because I really liked the first few products I received from them.


    Charlotte
    www.sailorwithastethoscope.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pink shade but if the shades are a bad quality it's just a waste of money..


    www.glassow.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry you were disappointed! The colours look really great...
    Baci,
    Coco
    Coco et La vie en rose / Bloglovin / Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the oink nail color, great products!

    besos,

    M

    http://theflowerduet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's terrible! Thanks for the comment =]

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's disappointing, but I'm kinda glad I wasn't alone in my thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Unhas maravilhosa amei a resenha produto ótimo bom final de semana.

    Blog: http://arrasandonobatomvermelho.blogspot.com.br

    Canal de youtube: http://www.youtube.com/NekitaReis

    ReplyDelete
  15. SHame about the formula as the nude colour is beautiful!

    beautyandtheb1.blogspot.co.uk



    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Маргарита РафинадAugust 3, 2014 at 3:55 AM

    Lovely colours! It's amazing!

    May be you'd like to follow each other? Let me know C:

    Maggie from

    http://secretpassageinthebilberrypay.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  17. This pink nail polish looks amazing!

    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin? I always follow back :)
    http://mathildasbeautylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely words :]!