Battle of the Dry Shampoos

In my experience, finding the right dry shampoo can be tricky. I have tried many of the hyped ones only to have them not preform as optimally as they had been said too. I recall using a blonde tinted formula from Sally's back in the early days of my college career (scary) as my first foray into dry shampoos. It was so difficult to work with and didn't do anything to refresh my hair, not to mention the color from the blonde would settle all over my bathroom. When I decided to chuck that I moved to tried hair powders with no avail. Eventually, I went back to using an aerosol formula dry shampoos.

Tresemme, Got2B, Batiste, and Klorane, just to name a few, are some of the brands I tried. Of those my favorite was Batiste. This left my hair feeling refreshed and freshly scented (also, it should be noted it was very affordable and readily available). The only downside was a bit of a greying effect on the sports where I had distributed it and my hair seems more weighed down.

I wasn't entirely pleases and would switch back and to Batiste from other brands like TIGI and Not Your Mother's (NYM). I tried the two different dry shampoos from TIGI's Rockaholic and Catwalk series, they both required a lot of product to absorb the oil and reapplication was needed to keep my hair looking refreshed throughout the day. NYM dry shampoo worked well and I though that it my be my HG dry shampoo, light scent, not a huge greying effect and affordable, but it left my hair feeling sticky and heavy. I still wasn't satisfied so on chance in May I picked up Dove's Dry Shampoo and I am so glad I did.


Dove's dry shampoo, is a bargain coming to just under five dollars at check-out. Not only does it score point with my wallet (lol), but a reapplication throughout the day is not needed and it doesn't leave my hair feeling so weighed down. While I do have blonde hair, there isn't a noticeable greying/lightening/white cast with this formula. The scent is light and smells fresh. I feel that I have more body in my locks with this on. That said, it feels very weightless and soft while extending the length of my wash by at least another day... or three (unheard of). The only thing I would pick on is the fact that the product in the can doesn't seem to last to long, maybe 3 or 4 weeks, so I have been buying around one can per month.

In considering the right shampoo for you you must think of the finish you desire, the type of hair you have, the color, as well as the texture, all the while to achieve the perfect revitalized look for yourself. This has been my recent favorite and most affordable dry shampoo, after having searched for and trying many drugstore options. Of course I'd like the opportunity to try more dry shampoos, but this one will do for now!

My hair type: Thick, normal, combination oily, blonde

Have you tried this particular brand and formula? Do you use dry shampoos? If so what is your favorite dry shampoo?

XOXO,
Carolyn


Comments

  1. Dove dry shampoo is actually my favourite! No white streaks, amazing scent and really works!


    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally need to invest in some dry shampoo!!! Love these picks!

    http://www.crowleyparty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice post!

    http://thedaydreamings.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I don't know if you have done this yet, but I love your blog. So I nominated you for Liebsters!
    http://stylebygz.blogspot.com/2014/08/liebster-award-nomination.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Victoria NightingaleAugust 15, 2014 at 8:35 PM

    I've never tried dry shampoo, probably just because I worry that it will make my hair look awful. I do want to try it some day though as it's great for when you don't have time to wash your hair.


    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll try the dove one I think, the only thing with dry shampoos is that as i have dark hair, i have a hard time with pale dry shampoos...

    http://justsmiletolifexx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never actually tried dried shampoo before. Thanks so much for the tips!

    Made in Mauve

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've tried several dry shampoos in the past and then I found Batiste dry shampoo. Never tried another brand again after that :-) I've found my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the comment on my blog!


    Im such a dry shampoo fobe, im scared to use them after a grey looking hair experience last time. Although i might try the dove one! x


    CLAIRELOUISEAMELIA

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never use dry shampoo, as it would further mess up my hairstyle! Thank you for sharing your experience!
    Baci,
    Coco
    Coco et La vie en rose / Bloglovin / Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for these reviews! I tried the dried shampoo from Tresemme. I really would like to find a good dry shampoo one day, my hair is so crazy. I may have to check some of these out.

    http://nativeblush.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, I hope you enjoyed it =]

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Alycia. Hopefully this post will help you narrow down one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The particular one I enjoy is quite cheap so I think it's very affordable to at least give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sometimes it sprays out a bit to much powder, other times I hardly notice, so it's not consistent. I know other brands, like batiste, have dry shampoos for brunettes! Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope it was useful. Thanks you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Batiste is a really great one! One of my favorites, too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope you do give them a try, such a lifesaver.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's unfortunate, thanks for taking the time to read my post though!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hopefully this post helps you find one suited best for your hair type. It can be tricky! Best of luck =]

    ReplyDelete
  21. This was so helpful! Just the other day I ran to the drug store to buy one thing, and I ended up also buying 6 different dry shampoos to test them out. I love the Suave and the Batiste brands. Tresemme did not effect my hair. It looked the same, just heavier and smelled better.

    I'll have to try the Dove brand asap!

    Keep in touch,

    www.memyselfandines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great comparisons dear. Very informative post. I am scared to use dry shampoos. My hairs are sensitive. :-)

    http://naturelbellefemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm happy this helped! I had the same experience with Tresemme too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks! Yeah not everyone is able to use them, just do what works for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really haven't tried a dry shampoo I'm in love with! Everything is just okay.

    ReplyDelete
  26. good to know! i've always wanted to try dry shampoos but i didnt know which one to buy! xo jillian - stop by I'm hosting a great giveaway on cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've heard so much about dry shampoo but never tired before! I guess because I have black hair and I'm afraid I'm going to have white foam all over or something haha but after your review I think I will try the Dove one! thanks so much for sharing and thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog, I’m following you on Bloglovin and Instagram, I hope you can follow me back to stay in
    touch.

    XOXO



    Milu

    www.hellolupi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've tried so many dry shampoos and sadly none of them have really stood out for me - in a way they make my hair feel worse, better volume but the feeling is just ugh….plus being a brunette means your hair has a chalky look to it so sadly I haven't found the 'one' xx


    Layla xx


    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm using the Batiste one. One down side is that it takes forever to brush out the white powder and sometimes I find it quite annoying. Unfortunately, I had no luck with the Dove one. It did nothing to my hair. You're so lucky it works for you!

    http://cherylxsharing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. great review, love your blog :)


    spiceadvicexo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your lovely words :]!

Popular Posts