Empties #5

Another round to empties for today's post.  
Feels so goood.

Dove Cool Moisture Shampoo & Conditioner

I am so glad that this has finally moved out of my bathroom and into the recycling bin! I have had this shampoo for over 2 year. It was really hard to me to finish off because I very much disliked how my hair texture was after using them. It felt slightly sticky and not really clean. In the end of me trying to use up all of the combo, I started refilling my hand soap containers with a mixture of the two... which surprisingly worked and achieved both clean hands and cleared up space in my bath closet.

Neutrogena naturals purifying facial cleanser
I have a love hate relationship with the willow bark family. I can use it for about a week before my skin revolts and causes all my normal self-esteem to run away. I love the smell, the fact that it was "natural," and the length of the ingredient list. This is sadly not a repurchase for me due to my willow allergies.

OPI Nail Envy Original formula
Oh how I do love a good nail treatment and base coat. I think I've gone on about this before an I'll do it again if I haven't. This is a great nail treatment, 'nuff said. Seriously, there are other options of of nail treatments out there, but I really prefer this one, tried-and-true. It's low odor, last for a reasonable amount of time on the nail. The formula is recommended to be applied every other day when using as a treatment and to clean on the 7th day. I don't notice a discoloration or build up of color on the nail from the treatment regime or when using a color on top. My nails are visibly better looking, but that could be my diet...

Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder
I think that Rimmel, here in the US, is seriously underrated as far as drugstore beauty products go. I love their eyeliners (especially the kohls), lipsticks,glosses, and powders. This powder is very affordable and is great for finishing or setting your face and keeping most of the shine away.

L'Oreal Fresh Dust Dry Shampoo Texture Expert
Anna Runs With Scissors is an amazing hair artist, I'd love for her to cut and style my hair one day. I bought this after she professed her fondness of it, which I did not share. It just didn't work for the type of hair I have or how I like my hair to be styled.

So happy to have my bathroom closets and cabinets to be a bit more lighter after this post. Still more to come!

Have you used any of the products I mentioned?

Also, a big thanks to everyone who commented on my last post! I really enjoyed have a photo diary segment and I have a few more to come before my classes gear into full motion. Stay tuned! 

XOXO,
Carolyn

Follow me on:
Twitter | Bloglovin

Comments

  1. Great products!!!!

    Ciao bellissima!!!
    Kisses
    http://expressyourselfbypaolalauretano.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these honest reviews! Now I know what not to buy! hah

    xo
    Miss Anna Rebecka

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello dear! I tried Dove hair products a long time ago to never repurchase them. I've recently discovered that shampoos and hair conditioners can be emptied by using them for other purposes (shampoo: to wash delicate clothes. Conditioner: as a shaving cream or a softener in the washing machine). Thank you so much for stopping by, hope to see you soon on my blog :-)
    Baci,
    Coco
    Coco et La vie en rose / Bloglovin / Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing other bloggers' empties! that gives you a great idea of the good products they are using and loving! I will give the Dove shampoo and conditioner a try! Thanks for sharing!
    I invite you to visit my blog and let me know if you would
    like to follow each other to stay in touch.

    XOXO



    Milu

    www.hellolupi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I nominated you for the Liebster Award!
    :-)

    Here are the rules:

    1. Thank
    your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.

    2. Link back
    to the blogger who awarded you.

    3. Copy
    & Paste the award to your blog.

    4. Nominate
    5 blogs to receive the award who have less than 3000 followers.

    5. Inform
    them of their nomination by leaving comment on their blog

    Below is the
    link for details, your questions are the same ones I answered.

    AleyRoseXo.com
    ♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used Dove hair products religiously in college, and they still hold a special place in my heart. Great products :)

    http://nativeblush.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Dove, but I heard that using organic and 100% natural ingredients are better for the skin in a long run.

    Visit my blog here

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, they can be great! I loved the yellow energize one... it has such an invigorating scent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think they can be, depends on which ones! Too much politics for my blog though. Haha - chemicals with preservatives = anti-aging.... but drinking water, eat antioxidants and taking vitamins can produce similar results, not directly!! Toooo much.. lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your lovely words :]!

Popular Posts