Wednesday, May 20, 2015

{Home Decor}: Dresser Update

For as long as I can remember, this dresser has always been in my room. Even when I moved out of my parents house and in with my husband this dresser came with me! Obviously a little bit of work was needed to update the look.

Before
After

DIY: INTO THE PROCESS

Materials:
  • Bullseye 1, 2, 3 Primer
  • Paintbrush
  • Paint 
  • Microfiber roller
  • Polyurethane sealer
  • Spray paint
  • drawer pulls
This was my first major DIY furniture project so I was so apprehensive about everything! I first had the task of figuring out how to "resurface" the dresser. I wasn't comfortable sanding the outer surface so I invested in a primer that would create a desirable painting surface. This was applied with a brush as opposed to using a roller to give the illusion of a wood grain on the dresser, which I absolutely love how it turned out.

I found one of the hardest task amongst everything was to figure out a paint color! A soft white was chosen matching the white furniture of my bedroom. The hardware update was an absolute must. I choose to keep and update the original metal pulls with spray paint and replace the wooden ones with new metal pulls.

Completing this dresser makeover significantly improved the visual appeal of the space it occupies by opening the space and making the area brighter and cleaner looking.

What do you think of the makeover. Do you have any project recommendations?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your lovely words :]!